It’s always tough going back to work after a month off, so I thought I better remind myself why I loved my job so much…
1. The long holidays! Case in point, I’ve just had a month off. Amazing times.
2. I don’t have to cook, ever, if I don’t want to. That is a massive perk of working in a boarding school – 3 meals a day, every day!
3. Free gym membership – I need to work off those big meals somehow!
4. The kids are hilarious. Seriously, some of the things that they come out with make me scream with laughter – confusing ‘circumcison’ with ‘sarcasm’, and ‘forehead’ with ‘foreskin’?! Priceless!
Another favourite, one student was arguing with another and was getting quite heated and angry, and said ‘Seriously Miss, I just want to fist him!’
5. I have some fantastic friends there.
6. It has provided me with some fantastic opportunities with regards to sampling classes of many different subjects and teaching a variety of different sports.
7. The endless supply of free stationery – this is very important.
8. I’ve learned loads about other cultures, and my geographical knowledge about where countries are and their capital cities has improved no end! – Hello pub quiz knowledge!
9. Free sky sports tv.
10. I know lots of swear words in lots of different languages!