I’ve seen from scanning the facebook page that this is a pretty popular Slimming World Recipe – and I can see why – 1/2 a syn for cake?! Winner! To put this in perspective for everyone else, a cadbury’s creme egg is 8.5 syns. A freddo chocolate bar is 4.5. A curly wurly is 6. So 1/2 a syn for a whole cake?! Perfect sweet fix!
So here goes…
- 4x Eggs.
- 4 tbsp Sweetener.
- 1 tub Quark (fat free creme cheese)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder.
- A few drops of Vanilla Essence.
- Seperate the egg whites, and whisk until stiff.
- In another bowl, add the Baking Powder, half a tub of Quark, Vanilla Essence and half the Sweetener to the Egg Yolks.
- Whisk until peaks form.
- Fold in the Egg Whites.
- Grease and line a baking tray and pour in mixture.
- Cook on a medium heat for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining Quark with 2 tbsp Sweetener.
- Leave cake to cool, then spread evenly with Quark mixture.
- Chop Strawberries and spread evenly.
- Roll it up!
Slimming World Lowdown!
Like I said earlier, 1/2 syn for the WHOLE lot! Woohoo!
- It tastes too ‘eggy’ – Make sure you have added sweetener and vanilla essence.
- It has the texture of a massive omelette – Be sure to whisk everything properly with an electric whisk, and cook thoroughly.