1. We played a staff netball match yesterday to raise money for SportRelief. Despite my dislike for the sport, it was good fun. We had some fancy dress, and the students were giggling away on the sideline! And it was all for charity – so making complete fools of ourselves was totally worth it!
2. I am LOVING this weather! I have tan lines…TAN LINES in March! It is so nice just to be able to lounge around in shorts!
3. I haven’t been to the gym or done any real exercise in weeks now, and I am starting to feel fat! This needs to be rectified asap.
4. Today is the last day of the Spring term. It’s been a good, but very tiring, one. I am tres excited for the holidays!
5. I am completely addicted to this Northern Irish show on BBQ called ‘6 Degrees’. It’s about a group of uni students living in halls together and starting their first year. I guess it just reminds me of how much fun it was, and how exciting it was to be meeting all those new people.
6. I started writing 10 points out today as a 10 for Tuesday post, but I was struggling to come up with them all. Then I realised it was Wednesday, so I’m going to stop at 6!!
Please don’t ring this morning. I hate covering Saturday reception duty because I never know how to answer the queries and people always want to know complicated things.
It’s going to be a good day – please don’t put me in a bad mood this morning!
What a beautiful day! I hope you are enjoying some sunshine too!
Unfortunately I have to work 😦 but working on the weekend is actually okay. A lot of the kids will go out to town, and so I have big plans to lounge around in the sun 🙂 Hello first tan lines of the year!
This evening we are having a Wild West party complete with BBQ, line dancing and a bucking bronco! It should be funny – hopefully the students will enjoy an opportunity to let their hair down this close to the end of term 🙂
Enjoy your weekend – however you are spending it 🙂
Yesterday my class played their first hockey match as a team, and first ever for many of them. You see, as international students, many of them come to the UK never having played hockey or rugby (our 2 main sports) before.
We have worked hard over the past 10 weeks to teach them the basics (even how to hold a stick!!) work together and the most importantly rules! It took them a while to settle down in to a decent formation, and they lost their shape quite a lot, but for a first effort I was very impressed and oh so proud when the Boys managed to pull off a 4-2 win!! Having a few talented core players helped, but they all did so so well 🙂 🙂
I’ve been at home for the weekend and arrived back at school late this evening. As soon as I walked through the gate, one of my favourite students (yes, I know I shouldn’t have favourites..) Nastia, ran up and gave me a huge hug with a beaming smile on her face. It’s nice to feel appreciated sometimes!
I hope you’ve all had a fantastic weekend. Happy Mother’s Day to all you yummy mummies out there!
I feel like every time I sit down to write these days, I’m apologising fpaying updating properly in ages, and blaming it on how manic life is! Well, all of that is still true – so sorry again!
Last weekend my Mum came to meet me in Exeter on my day off. We shopped and tried on sily sunglasses and had lunch and lounged around in the sun. It was so much fun, and so good to just get away from school for the day. I say it all the time, and it’s true, I love my job but I do get a bit of cabin fever every now and again!
It’s been a tough week. I went to a memorial service yesterday for an old neighbour that had passed away. His son is a very good friend of mine, and so I was really there to support him, but itwas still hard. Although I wish it was under different circumstances, it was nice to see my friends again, and we made plans to go out this evening.
It’s a big weekend too – the final weekend of 6 nations games, mother’s day and my little brother is coming home for his Easter holidays this evening. However, all this work and play is taking its toll because I’ve been feeling a little rough 😦 I’m taking a duvet day today….
….hoping that I will be fully recovered enough to go dancing this evening 🙂
On the bright side – it’s only 10 days until the Easter break!
Have a great weekend, whatever you’re doing!
Last weekend we went on a school trip to the Eden Project. No pictures of kids, obviously (hello child protection!) but look at all the pretty plants and fun things!
How cool are these?! ^^ I totally want some for my garden!