Feeling: That I have been away from the blogosphere and you lovely people for far too long and that this would be a good way to catch up!
Wanting: Some time off! through covering shifts for friends and all my own days, I have inadvertently found myself in the middle of a massive 5 week stint with only 2 days off 😦 Not cool!
Reading: ‘Teaching English in a foreign land’ and ‘Do Life’ – both great reads for a little motivation in my life at the moment.
Listening to: New favourite tune – Passenger – Let her go
Eating: Nothing at this very second, but I have been trying much harder to eat more healthily this week – and have been mostly successful. Lots of strawberries, nom nom nom.
Working on: A lot of TEFL work. I’m doing this pretty cool project which involves working with one of my favourite students from last year and devising a scheme of work for him to improve his English. I’m really enjoying it because it’s caused him to tell me lots of things that I’d just never thought about asking before.
Dreaming about: A sunnier, less stressful place! I spend pretty much every free minute reading travel blogs or looking for potential jobs in sunny places!
Missing: My friends from university. I finished my final year exams 3 years ago today, and the time has flown by. Big reunion needed!
What is going on in your life currently?
It has been so so windy here lately! We went out for a walk on the moors yesterday and were struggling to walk in a straight line at times!
Maisie even came face to face with her first pig – I’m not really sure she knew what to do with herself!
I’m also setting myself some goals for the month today – it’s difficult to estimate the constraints on my time for a month that is half holiday and half school time, but I know deep down that I should be making time for the things I want to achieve whatever other pressures there are in my life.
So, this month I want to….
*Blog more often – no more leaving weeks of nothingness!
* Read 4 books – Finish The Scorch Trials (I’ve only got about 80 pages left) and 4 more.
* Once my new pedometer arrives (hopefully later this week) walk at least 8,000 steps a day. I know that this isn’t loads but I don’t want to set myself up for an almost certain fail!
* Get back in to the swing of C25K – I’d like to be able to comfortably complete weeks 2&3 by the end of the week.
* Keep ticking items off my ‘TEFL’ to do list – I want to be on top of my workload by the time term starts again in 2 weeks time.
Do you have any goals this month?
In case you couldn’t guess, I’ve spent most of the day reading and lounging around and have just finished my book. Great story, devestated that it’s finished (review coming later this week). I’m looking for something to get stuck in to next – I know I have a ‘to read’ list a mile long on my goodreads page but any suggestions?
In other news, Happy Easter! It’s a cold and blustery day here so I’ve been taking the oportunity to get some work done and catch up with myself a little.
It’ll be a perfect day when my roast lamb is served later on!
How are you spending your Easter Sunday?
Friends and ice creams and the first sunny day in a while – it’s been fun 🙂
I know, I know, I’m falling in to that trap of starting every post with ‘ah, I’m so sorry I haven’t been around for a while’, but it’s true! Life is busy busy busy at the moment but mostly enjoable.
So let’s see, whats’s been going on?
I am still working hard at my TEFL course and as mentioned the other day I smashed my second teaching practice earlier this week. I am still sort of riding off that high 😉 I have a lot of work to do though, it’s kind of swallowing up my entire weekend which is not so cool!
I have tried to start running again – couch25k is my friend…again! I thought I’d been out of the game a little too long to just start running as and when I feel like it, so have just gone for week3 (I did try the week 2 plan but it wasn’t too challenging, which can only be a good thing!).
I’ve generally been too busy to find much reading time – boooo 😦 – but when I have found a free 20minutes I’ve been reading Lonely Planet travel stories and indulging my imagination a little. I am off to Paris on a school trip – woooo! – later this week, but am desperate to book a trip somewhere! It is seriously taking all my willpower not to jump on easyjet for a few weeks!
Nearly the Easter holidays which means 3 weeks off school! Wooop! I don’t really have many plans yet other than to catch up on my work, see some friends, blog some more and read a lot of books! It’s going to be relaxing and chilled and wonderful!
So over you – are you working out at the moment? What are you reading? Any upcoming travel excitement?
I hope you’re having a great weekend 🙂
2 weeks today I will be in France on a school trip! Eeeeeeeeekk, I’m so excited – I am starting to get serious itchy feet about having been in the UK for so long (a whole 3 months and counting! haha).
Talking of itchy feet, I have also booked myself a place on one of STA Travel’s working visa talks next week – one step closer to sorting next year out! I decided to get my act together after this post here…
On a less positive note, I think I’m coming down with something 😦 All the kids at school seem to have a virus, and my throat is starting to hurt and I am feeling heavy all over! And just in time for my weekend off too….wonderful!
Ps – Happy World Book Day!
1. I’m going on a school trip to Paris! Woooo, 3 weeks tomorrow baby!
2. Just finished reading Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. Fantastic book – hopefully I’ll get a review up soon 🙂
3. I’ve been in a bit of a blogging rut lately. Anyone else ever get that? Inspiration, where are you?!!
4. It’s my TEFL course tomorrow. We had a week off last week for half term and I missed it, that’s got to be a good sign right?!
5. I’ve been trying to update my CV for the last few days and it’s a nightmare 😦 Somebody just give me a job already!
6. It’s Mother Hen’s birthday tomorrow so we’re going out for a nom-tastic dinner. I’m excited just thinking about it!
7. Talking of food, I’m trying to detox a little this week. More water, less tea, more vegetables, less half a loaf of white bread for breakfast. You get the idea!
8. I know I’m massively behind the times but I have just started watching 90210 and am hopelessly addicted. Ethan? Yes please.
9. I’ve found the latest flaw to my budgeting plans…I know my card details by heart. Yes, including the 16 digit number, and what?!
10. Off to spend my free houw indulging my imagination in some travel magazines…. 🙂
What’s going on on your Tuesday?