So a little while ago now (oops!) John tagged me in the fun post and asked me to play along in a little ‘get to know you’ type game!
Here are the rules:
1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
Okay, 11 random things about myself, here we go….
1. When I was a kid I used to have a pet barn owl called Willow. We used to let her out to fly at night and one day she just didn’t come back in the morning 😦 😦 Other than that I’ve had gerbils, stick insects, a springer spaniel, and now Maisie and my fishcakes (that’s my goldfish to normal people!)
2. The kids at school really make me laugh sometimes at their misunderstanding of the English language. For example – getting mixed up between sarcasm and circumcision, or between forehead and foreskin?!
3. I love to read. I really want to vary my tastes a little more and complete the World Book Night 2012, but it’s happening very slowly because I am always so busy at school, and get so tired that reading before I go to bed is normally the last thing on my mind!
4. When I was little, my Mum used to work for a large ferry company, and as a result we always went to France and Spain on holiday. I never flew a substantial distance until I went to South Africa when I was about 14. I wasn’t scared then, but have since developed a fear of taking off and landing in Planes.
5. My standard Sunday morning routine is to get up and read Postsecret with a cup of tea. I have always wanted to send in a secret but have yet to decide on one/actually get round to it.
6. Following on from number 3, I really want to write a book. I’ve been thinking about it quite a lot lately – I’d like to record my experiences of living in a boarding house full of international students because not only do we have a lot of fun, but some of things they come out with are absolutely hilarious! I just haven’t quite come up with the right ‘stance’ or worke dout how to go about it yet!
7. One of my favourite things to do at the weekends is walk down to Lounge Seco with my Mum and Maisie and have some brunch. Egg and bacon stack nom nom nom!
8. If I were to go on Mastermind, my specialist subject would be Harry Potter. Despite never blogging about it, I love those books! I normally can’t get to grips with books/films about things that aren’t ‘real’, but let’s be honest, how cool would it be to be a wizard?!
9. I love tea and hot chocolate, but I can’t stand coffee. I detest everything about it – the smell, the taste – I can’t even eat coffee flavoured chocolates!! :O I’ve tried, really I have! Mochas, lattes, your standard builders coffee?!! I just can’t do it!
10. When I was little, I always used to go round to my Grandparents for tea on Fridays. After dinner, I would sneak in the the living room and play cards with my Grandad – he taught me to play rummy. He obviously used to let me cheat, but I used to think I was so clever ‘pulling the wool over his eyes’ and winning every week!
11. It has taken me literally days to write this post because I couldn’t think of 11 even slightly interesting things about myself! Does that make me a loser?! Probably. Does this count as a fact? Probably not, but hey, it’s my blog…!
Part 2 (the question & answer sesh) coming tomorrow!